Wednesday 25 June 2014

RIP Caleb from Survivor: Blood vs. Water


One of my guilty pleasures is the TV show "Survivor".  I have been a fan for years and continue to watch it every season.  I just read that Caleb Bankston who played last year along with his boyfriend Colton Cumbie was killed in a workplace accident.  Caleb played the game with integrity and was well liked.  Caleb (green shirt) worked with a railroad company and the accident involved a train car derailment I believe.  

While this is not the tone of one of my usual posts, I wanted to share this with everyone.  I think I am saddened by the news because he was such a wonderful example of a man with great qualities who happened to be gay as opposed to so many of the gay men in reality shows who come across in a stereotypical way.  My heartfelt condolences to his fiance, his family and his Survivor alumni.


No comments:

Post a Comment